Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stefandreas
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?
A65 does the Great White Shark
Sep 19, 2012

From last weekend in Gansbaai, South Africa. Went out with Marine Dynamics for shark cage diving. What a day. We had 12 great whites passing by. All taken with A65 and the good old Sony 18-250 plus a good B+W polarizer. There is no better lens than the 18-250 for that purpose because you have to constantly zoom in and out over the entire range to follow the sharks. As with the polarizer the lens gets really slow you have to find a compromise between speed and keeping the ISO quite low. I started with 1/640 but than the sharks came and I totally forgot about settings ... but it worked out quite well. The 18-250 definetely gets a boost by the A65,. much quicker than with the A700 not to speak of the old Minolta 7D.

For me the A65 works let a dream. Pictures 2-6 is a sequence in high speed mode, no problem with the 18-250.

Hope you enjoy,

Stefan

Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow