new ballhead, and maybe monopod recomends.

Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sooflyfisher
Junior MemberPosts: 48Gear list
Like?
new ballhead, and maybe monopod recomends.
Sep 19, 2012

Hey everyone, I just puled the trigger this morning, and ordered the Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 lens for nikon. I am thinking of getting a ballhead and maybe a monopod to play with. I currently own a Manfrotto tripod. (055XB I think) and a Manfrotto pan head. Thinking of getting a ballhead as I think it might be nicer when atempting to go after birds in flight. Also considering maybe purchasing a monopod for those times I dont wanna drag the tripod around but may still want a little help in the support department. Looking for recomendations. I would kinda like to stick with Manfrotto just so that I can use the same quick release plates as I already have with the panhead. That however is not a deal breaker. Also for a body I currently shoot a D90. Looking at specs online the combo would come in at just over 3.5 KG but I would like a little breathing room in weight capacity to be able to handle potential future upgrades.

Thanks all

Mike

sooflyfisher's gear list:sooflyfisher's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +3 more
Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow