Nex 6 or 7, that's the question

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
pentaxination
Forum MemberPosts: 76
Like?
Re: Exposure bracketing / HDR
In reply to rocsen, Sep 19, 2012

I did not know that Finally the AEB is useable. Unfortunately, I am about done with HDR as a favored shooting style. In fact, as much as I would love it in the N7, I have come to think it will burn out the shutter right quick.

I have been shooting HDR with my DSLR and that 3 shots at a whack, some of which that don't end up likeable/useable wastes shutter life. I actually have a 2 shot bracket capability which can often be used to get light/dark areas sufficiently with a normal exposure.

Thanks for the info share though, and maybe they can do a firmware update to the existing NEX models...but I doubt they will.

rocsen wrote:

Another thing to consider for those that use it.. exposure bracketing. On the 5n and 7 this can only be done in 1/3 to 2/3 of a stop. Anyone that uses this feature would know it's not nearly enough to be useful. I know there is a built in HDR option but I prefer having the flexibility to control the end result myself with third party software.

Luckily on the 5r and 6 they have now increased this to 1/3, 2/3, 1, 2, 3EV increments in 3 frames.

-- hide signature --

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow