Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zerlings
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
A couple of questions on 5D3
Sep 19, 2012

Just got my new 5D3! All the reviews are true... the AF is wayyyy better than 5D2 (finally I can rely on the off-center AF points) and the pictures seems to be crispier and have better color.

Two annoyances though:

1) When using the Av mode, I set a particular aperture (say f=2) and set ISO to auto. However, the camera keeps selecting a shutter speed that is too slow (1/30) with a low ISO. I don't mind a higher ISO but need to have much faster shutter to eliminate hand shake and freeze subject movement. Is it possible to specify a minimum shutter speed? (say 1/100 with a higher ISO)?

2) Reviewing pictures seems to be more difficult. 5D2 was really easy... you just press the zoom in/zoom out buttons in the upper right corners. But now, you have to press the magnifying button first, and then use the wheel. I guess the 5D3 is not flexible enough to configure the buttons back to the old way right?

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow