E-PL5 & E-PM2 for serious photography?

Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
CAcreeks
Senior MemberPosts: 5,966
Like?
Re: Friends w mFT do better than w DSLR
In reply to Ulfric M Douglas, Sep 18, 2012

Ulfric M Douglas wrote:

Can you explain your comment re other brands, as I've always appreciated the results from APS-C on longish zooms with reasonably bright apertures.

For a longish zoom, there is no substitute for DSLR. But for wide angle, I suspect retrofocus designs have too many elements for good performance. Probably best to get a DSLR with 70-300, and an EVIL with well-designed wide zoom. The old Panasonic 14-45 was good and the new Sony E 16-50 and Fuji 18-55 look promising.

Despite all the owners who defend 18-55 kit lenses for sharpness, I believe they are really very bad for other qualities, including focus accuracy and especially bokeh. The Sony A 18-55 seems better than the others, however.

Hey CACreeks, I enjoyed your carnage gallery.

Glad you enjoyed the carnage gallery! David Petterson's explanation of class 1-6 (gallery #3) is one of the funniest things I have ever read.

For whitewater photography a long zoom is of little value, which helps explain my conclusion.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow