iPhone5 sample gallery evaluation.

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
j.m.young
Regular MemberPosts: 430Gear list
Like?
Re: And Example of What I Was Talking About...
In reply to Slynky, Sep 18, 2012

Slynky wrote:

Slynky wrote:

M Hamilton wrote:

First of all, cool your jets pal,

Then don't start a response off by telling someone they are wrong. You might say, as I was schooled, "I think you are missing the point." That way, it allows for you to be mistaken.

second Apple announced the panorama mode as an iOS6 update for the 4s, so no correction necessary.

The announcement yesterday surrounded the iPhone 5. The reports after that and the reports all over the place today mention the iPhone 5 and its camera and panorama ability as if that's what you need to get that ability. I can tell you the average person who looks at Apple's PHONE TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS (not software specs) on their page will also think the iPhone 4s iSight camera is about the same camera that's on the new iPhone.

If people weren't so interested in hyping the new iPhone 5, they might make that distinction for people.

MY reason for bringing it up was to take a look at what one gets for upgrading from a 4s to a 5 and it's obvious on their page that panorama isn't one of the reasons to because the 4s will be capable of it just like the iPhone 5 is.

-- hide signature --

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Found on the Internet:

8. The camera is a big factor

Apple’s decision to build an 8-megapixel camera into the iPhone 5 was a smart one. The cameras in the iPhone line have become the most widely used, based on Flickr uploads. It’s likely customers were getting tired of the sub-par lenses in the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. The 8-megapixel camera in the iPhone 5 fixes any customer dissatisfaction with the earlier cameras and that can only feed the buying frenzy.

The way this is written, you'd think the 4s didn't have an 8 MP camera.
--

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

The 4s and app "645 pro" gives you a really nice camera phone. What other phone gives spot metering and TIFFs some control over white balance and on and on. plus tons of features? The biggest problem is I bet over half the users don't have any idea how to correctly get the TIFFs off the phone. Just using that as one example of what users are missing. Whats the point of a really nice camera phone if most users miss most of the best features?

Anyway I am always looking for a little more capability form my Phone/Camera and I think Nokia's PureView may have that to offer.
One of my biggest deal breakers may be I am not ready to give up"645" Pro.

j.m.young's gear list:j.m.young's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow