I auditioned an EM5. These are my experiences.

Started Sep 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
designdog
Contributing MemberPosts: 972Gear list
Like?
Re: I auditioned an EM5. These are my experiences.
In reply to Mark Chan, Sep 18, 2012

Thanks for your honest assesment. I have peeked in here from time to time, as more folks became experienced with the camera, because I wanted to see if there was something "better" than my Fuji X100 (latest firmware) as a second to my 7D and host of L lenses. Always liked Oly cameras and their image rendering.

My issue with the EM5 was similar to yours. In my view, why build a camera that is evocative of the great analog, film cameras, and make it almost totally digital? If you put more analog-like controls on the EM5, as well as aperture rings on the lenses, live focusing rings would be nice, then you would really have something. You could get rid of the Bayer filter as well.

To me the X100 is great, but limited. The X Pro 1 is greater, but limited and too expensive. I do see the industry going in this direction, however...

designdog's gear list:designdog's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow