Re: Full frame anybody?
In reply to tt321, Sep 18, 2012

tt321 wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Jean Dupont wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Jean Dupont wrote:

Questions?

What is or would be your standard FF walkaround kit (body plus lenses)? Please be specific about your body and lens choices so that we know exactly what we are talking about.

FF body + 50mm prime will give the most natural look and perspective. I like this baby

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-6d/

OK. That weights about a kilo. At the same weight, I could pack, for example, an E-M5, a 9-18, an X 14-42, an X 45-175, and a 45/1.8.

Now in what specific ways would your combo be superior to mine? And would there be any areas where it might, in fact, be inferior? If so which? How about the shooting styles for which you said FF was superior, such as architecture, landscapes, and action shooting to begin with?

At the 50mm equivalent FoV as your cover is with the X kit zoom only which presumably is inferior to his prime

Depends on how you specify things. But for DoF control at this one FoV Jean would do better. At all other FoVs, I'd do better for the simple reason that he would have no field whose depth to control.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow