RX100: Any Lensmate Filter System Reviews?

Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Liz Z.
Senior MemberPosts: 1,248Gear list
Like?
Re: Thickness of mount and price are the main differences
In reply to RX100, Sep 18, 2012

I have a Lensmate on order, having had a mishap (probably due to my carelessness) with the Magfilter. (I had successfully done Millsart's hack; it actually took about ten minutes at most, since he had done all the problem solving already!) But my mishap made me want to try an alternative this time.

Following some concern expressed here, I wrote to Lensmate asking if their bayonet mounts had any reports of negative impact on the lens barrel, and got this reply: "The bayonet mount is very easy to use and secure for the added filter.....Unlike a threaded filter, our bayonet is a very gentle 1/3 turning, so would not effect the built in lens in anyway.... We have sold a similar system for the S95 for the past 4 years with almost 10,000 users, all very happy customers. We sell to regular photographers, dentists, remote airplane photographers, medical people, eye doctors, scientist, hobbyists and Ebay sellers."
--
Liz

Liz Z.'s gear list:Liz Z.'s gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Sony RX100 Adobe Photoshop CS6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow