FZ200 Now $499 at Crutchfield's

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Baba Ganoush
Regular MemberPosts: 258Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ200 Now $499 at Crutchfield's
In reply to padman0008, Sep 18, 2012

padman0008 wrote:

If you bought it from Amazon within the last 30 days, call their customer service. They'll issue a refund for between what you paid for it and their current price of $509.96. The do NOT price match with other vendors.

Re refund: not necessarily. I bought my FZ200 on August 28, 3 days after you bought your first copy. When you posted your earliest message about the $50 price drop, I contacted Customer Service and got them to give me a Promo Credit for $50, arguing that they had already issued a refund to someone who had bought a camera 3 days earlier than I did. When you posted your second message about the price dropping to $509 on the very next day, I contacted them again and asked for a second price adjustment and they refused. The service rep I spoke to on the phone claimed the issuance of the Promo Credit to me was a one-time courtesy according to their standard policy. When I told her I knew of someone who had already been issued two credits to cover the two price changes, she said that was against policy and is something they would be investigating (You don't have to worry, I did NOT give her or the first service rep the details of how I knew about your situation.)

Baba Ganoush's gear list:Baba Ganoush's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow