Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bendp
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Need Help with "Linked Shooting" on 5d3 and 600EX-RT
Sep 18, 2012

I am trying to use the "linked shooting" feature of the 600EX-RT with my 5d3 and having problems.

Notes on setup: Slave unit is 5D3 with 600EX-RT
Master unit is 7d with ST-E3-RT

I can trigger the "slave unit" from the 7d and from the ST-E3-RT but I cannot get the flash on the 5d3 to fire (at any level or setting).

Here's how Canon described the feature on the Canon Digital Learning Center website:

"New: Linked Shooting*

Take a Speedlite 600EX-RT or Speedlite Transmitter ST-E3-RT, and put it on the hot shoe of an EOS camera. Assign this as a Master unit. Now, do the same – with either an ST-E3-RT or 600EX-RT – on up to 15 other EOS cameras, assigned as "slave units". It's now possible to fire the "master" camera, and have the 600EX-RT or ST-E3-RT fire the "slave" cameras, up to 100 feet away from the master. Flash can fire or not fire during exposure, whichever the photographer chooses. It's a new way to remotely control multiple EOS cameras."
--
Ben

PS - I have opened ticket with Canon and begun discussion via e-mail but no help so far.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow