FZ200 Macro mode compared to coolpix P90: What the hell?

Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WazaBe
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
FZ200 Macro mode compared to coolpix P90: What the hell?
Sep 18, 2012

Hello all,

I am just a photography enthousiast since 2 years and I love taking pictures with bridge camera.

Last years, I used to take pictures with the Nikon Coolpix P90 and a few weeks ago, I heard about the FZ200.

When comparing both of these devices on paper, and regarding all the blog and internet fuss about the FZ200, I bought without any hesitation, and was expecting to get a drastic improvement on my pictures.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Nikon_Coolpix_P90-vs-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-FZ200

That is true in portrait pictures or landscape, but I really love to take pictures of flowers or insects in macro mode.

I was astonished to see that the brand new Panasonic is far worst than the P90, and I am really disapointed with the result.

I really hope I can get help here and know why the macro mode seems to sucks! I really hope I am doing something wrong and you can help me.

In fact, with the P90, I can still zoom in Macro mode, while the FZ200, I MUST be in wide angle, or the picture is totally blurry, even with Autofocus in Macro Mode.

If I zoom a little bit, the minimum distance become 30 cm and that is not acceptable for my macro mode.

Thank a lot for any help/advise

P90:

FZ200:

Both comparaison side by side (detail), Panasonic on the left

Nikon Coolpix P90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow