RX100: Any Lensmate Filter System Reviews?

Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
FocalPoint_L
Regular MemberPosts: 230
Like?
Re: RX100: Any Lensmate Filter System Reviews? Yes + IR worked
In reply to travel_bug, Sep 18, 2012

Yes. I received the 49mm set today. The installation video and instructions were very good.

It works as advertised -- so far -- I haven't traveled with the camera over time to see if the ring that uses adhesive stays on the camera. But it seems fine.

I like the short-turn, bayonet mount. I don't see any advantage to a magnet-style version.

It comes with a small carry case and lens cap, which you only need to protect the filter if you leave it on the camera.

Now I have to get a 49mm CPL and maybe ND filters, or just use step-up rings with the ones I have. My tests today were with a 49mm linear (old fashion) polarizer I had around from the film/manual focus days, and the camera focused and metered fine. But supposedly AF cameras should be used only with CPLs.

One more thing, I tried a #87 IR filter and the RX100 worked for infrared photography with no hot spots in the limited tests I did. The image was deep magenta, but a quick grayscale and autocontrast in Photoshop produced a decent IR photo.

LR

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow