ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
stevesayskanpai
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
Cambodia trip - which lenses?
Sep 18, 2012

Hi all,

I am about to buy the D5100 to replace my D40. I am also considering buying the 35mm 1.8 G lens.

I currently have the 18-55 kit, 55-200 zoom and 50mm 1.8 D (will not autofocus on D40/D5100)

I'm wondering which lenses to take with me on a two week trip to Cambodia and Eastern Thailand. I'd say the 18-55mm is a given for the wide-angle possibilities, but then I'm wondering which is best for detail / people - the 55-200 (sneaky portraits and detail of temples far away), 55mm (portraits of people I ask, but autofocus not possible), or the 35mm (portraits, plus detail of carvings / temples)?

If anyone has been to these areas - Siem Reap, Angkor, Phnom Penh - I'd be interested to know which focal lengths / lenses you ended up using the most and why.

Many thanks,

SSK

stevesayskanpai's gear list:stevesayskanpai's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +1 more
Nikon D40 Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow