Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skiphunt13
Senior MemberPosts: 2,501
Like?
XZ2 sensor
Sep 18, 2012

I was eyeing the RX100 to possibly replace my XZ1 with... but it looks like Oly addressed every single issue I have with the XZ1.

The price is too steep & would have liked a little bigger sensor, but does anyone know if the new sensor will yield substantially better high iso performance than the current one?

And, if the sensor is the same size, why is the largest resolution listed bigger than what I'm getting with the XZ1?

Going to wait for reviews, but I'm not with those who are already panning this camera based on sensor size alone. If the lens ring manual focus works well & video performance & iso sensitivity is on par with the RX100' I think I'd pick the XZ2.

Any news when this is supposed to ship?

Update: must have misread one of the naysayers... It IS a bigger sensor than the XZ1. Hmmmm... might just have to hold off on the Sony or new Fuji & see how the XZ2 shakes out. A friend bought the RX100 & he's really complaining about its handling especially for video, but he likes the image quality & hasn't had it long.

-- hide signature --
Olympus XZ-1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow