New Firmware 2.0 now available!

Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Cyclopedia Brown
Contributing MemberPosts: 606Gear list
Re: Ok....
In reply to LaFonte, Sep 18, 2012

I tend to agree. I thought I might have been the only one who didnt see much difference. The speed does not seem "significant" to me on either the 18mm or 35mm. Perhaps I need to perform more tests.

I do welcome the freeze fix they did on the EVF even if it is a bit Low Res. The low res is ten times better than having to deal with a full freeze.The ISO upgrade, though welcomed, is something I dont use. I wont use Auto ISO due to the fact that there is no ability to set the lowest shutter speed. For that reason I just fly manual on the ISO and auto for the shutter speed. No auto ISO.

I am considering selling off my 18mm and buying the 18-55mm zoom as I suspect the speed may wow me a bit with the new motors. I also need to be able to shoot portraits and I am uninterested in the 60mm. Im holding out for the 56mm but the zoom would hold me down in the interim.
Cyclopedia Creative Media
"Ideas that speak volumes"
Chi "Cyclopedia" Brown

Cyclopedia Brown's gear list:Cyclopedia Brown's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow