Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
baydog
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
Panasonic Warranty/Service?
Sep 18, 2012

Does Panasonic's warranty ever actually cover anything?

I had a ZS-15 that wouldn't power up on its second day out, and since I thought I might have killed it with a drop of sweat in just the wrong place (I'm in sunny South Louisiana), I sent it to Panasonic, rather than taking advantage of Amazon's exchange policy.

Today a service person called to inform me that it wasn't covered due to a superficial little ding the spare battery carried in the same belt case apparently put next to the lens housing. Not internal damage actually done by that bit of compression, mind you, but the tiny dent voided the warranty.

Then, to add insult to injury, I was told the repair for damage still apparently unknown would cost $182, which is $24 more than I paid for the camera.

That's my vent.

But I am genuinely curious if that sort of thing is Panasonic's norm or others have enjoyed more reasonable treatment? Ie, is it worthwhile to go through their registration and warranty process or less painful just to take the hit and move on when a problem crops up?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow