osu
osu
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 6D $2,099
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, Sep 18, 2012

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

osu wrote:

The A850 may have been the 1st FF at that price point but by the time Sony released it live view and video were standard on a DSLR and it lacked both which made it seem inadequate. Not saying I agree but I think that was the overwhelming view by most.

What exactly is unique about these newer offerings? They have everything that already exists. A850 was the economical model, as would be "A89" if Sony chooses to launch a few months down the road.

An a89 is not on any Sony road map that I seen posted here or the rumors site - only the 36MP for spring 2013. I think the idea of an a89 is completely made up because people are coming to the conclusion that $2800 is just too much for the a99 and there is no way they can afford it.

Priced at $1999 the a99 would be a HUGE success and probably mirrors the demand that the D800 had on its release.

osu's gear list:osu's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow