$2099 leaves lots of room for a D400...

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
PepsiCan
Contributing MemberPosts: 739Gear list
Like?
Re: The 7D
In reply to gary stepic, Sep 18, 2012

Canon is preparing a 7d successor according to the rumor mills.

gary stepic wrote:

It appears the 6D is Canon's answer to the D600 and not what sports shooters or those that like to shoot birds are hoping for. I just switched from Canon and bought a used D300S for sports, and use my D800 for everything else. Actually I am quite pleased with the D300S but admit a little more resolution for cropping would be nice as well as better high iso performance.

I am wondering if Canon and Nikon are trying to force sports shooters into buying longer more expensive fast glass that full frame cameras require due to losing that crop factor. The 7D, which I owned, and the D300S were great budget sports cameras and it looks like there may not be an upgrade path for these cameras. I don't mind waiting longer if I knew something was coming, but the 6D makes me think a DX camera with a high frame rate and higher resolution is not even on the drawing board.

Gary
--
http://www.garystepicphotography.com

PepsiCan's gear list:PepsiCan's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow