Updated specs on the EOS 6D

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
qianp2k
Forum ProPosts: 10,350Gear list
Like?
Re: Exposure. MYTH MYTH and MYTH
In reply to Mikael Risedal, Sep 18, 2012

Mikael Risedal wrote:

Only a camera with a large dynamic range can reflect/reproduce the motif well and preferably with out banding and pattern noise

d800 to the left and one of mine 5dmk2 to the right

Although left one from D800 seems still usable at this small size for facebook purpose, but nothing worth to save for serious photography with pretty crappy IQ – destruction of color tonality and color accuracy, and noisy foreground. I can put a 3 or 4-stop GND to dim the sky while expose on the mid-tone that between sky and dark front, then I only need to pull 2-3 stops and will have a better photo from 5D2.

I only need to pull shadows in photos like this one moderately on my taste. I don't like highly contrasty photos that usually ended in the garbage bin.

BEFORE

AFTER

I forgot bring GND in the trip. It's already sunset (below horizon). Sky was still bright while buildings were already in dark shadow. I had to expose somewhat on sky, -100% highlight recovery+software GND, +100% shadow lift plus +1/3 EV in LR4. Not bad. I could do better had I bring my 3-stop 4x6" GND then.

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow