Buying used DSLR's and the "Shutter Count Myth".

Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jburrows500
Regular MemberPosts: 154Gear list
Like?
Buying used DSLR's and the "Shutter Count Myth".
Sep 18, 2012

I have been searching for a used 5D over the past week and find that either the sellers are intent on deceiving the buyer, or they have no clue themselves regarding shutter count. On eBay you see "low shutter count 27,000". When you ask them how they determined the shutter count they often will say, "I use LR and the file number is 27,000". Seriously... do people really think that's an accurate way to derive shutter counts? Are people that naive to think the owner might have hit "file number reset"... I love the one who claims, "Oh, I bought it, took about 5,000 pics then the 5D II came out so I upgraded". Why would you upgrade to a newer model when you haven't even used the one you have... I don't get it.

jburrows500's gear list:jburrows500's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +1 more
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow