ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jacqueline Dessel
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Canon 35mm f/1.4 possible issues
Sep 18, 2012

Hi -

I've searched for info about this both on here and on the web and can't seem to find anything.

I have a 35mm 1.4L that I'm using with my 5dmkii and I'm just not crazy about it. I also have the 50 1.4L, 85 1.2L & 70-200 2.8L and love, love, love those lenses. The 35 focuses nice and fast, but I just don't seem to see the sharpness that the other 3 lenses are giving me.

Even poking around on Flickr, at images taken with this lens/camera combo... the lens seems to consistently sing. But for some reason I just can't seem to coax the same IQ out of it.

I'm about to go through a batch of photos from a recent shoot so I may have some examples to post. But for starters I'm getting a little bit of purple fringing on the outer edges here and there, and the images just seem soft.

I can't find anything anywhere on this; the reviews and discussions I've seen so far about this lens do nothing but praise it.

I'm sure it's a fantastic lens to have such a huge fan base. Which is all the more reason why I'm stumped.

I can't figure out if I'm using the lens incorrectly, or if I possibly have a faulty copy.

If anyone else has experienced any issues at all with this lens I'd love to hear it and I'll post examples as soon as possible, hopefully tonight.

Thanks -

Jackie

Jacqueline Dessel's gear list:Jacqueline Dessel's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow