Started Sep 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ADW101
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
From 7D to 6D. Worth it?
Sep 18, 2012

With the impending release of the 6D, a number of us may be asking ourselves if upgrading to a fairly affordable FF camera may be a good move. I'm thinking about doing this myself, but right now I have a number of questions and concerns. After I list my thoughts, I'd like to hear from others about what they think as regards their situation. (For the record, though, the option of switching to Nikon is not a possibility for me. Not only am I heavily invested in Canon lenses, but every Canon camera body and lens has performed perfectly for me, stretching back a full decade.)

What I want most from a camera is detail and low-light performance with as little noise as possible. For that reason the 6D would appear to be a viable option, but really, how much better will FF pictures look through my L lenses than they do with the 7D? At ISO 1600 and 3200, what will the difference in picture quality really be between these two models?

From what I can tell, just about the only thing the 6D will have going for it over the 7D will be overall picture quality. But will that quality be good enough to justify the cost of buying a new body, wide-angle lens and peripherals? I'm not so sure just yet. So please, I would ask the informed members of this forum for their opinions.

Thanks in advance for all opinions and advice.

Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow