A77 and the power of the crop

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mandude
Regular MemberPosts: 378
Like?
Re: A77 and the power of the crop
In reply to Michael W00d, Sep 18, 2012

Yes, it's very nice to have that kind of megapixel at your disposal. I shoot pretty wide now and just crop for nice center crops if that's what I'm looking for. That's also some nice glass you have there! And cool photos!

Michael W00d wrote:

Yesterday I went out to capture the final moments of the Tour of Britain Cycle Road Race – 8 days, 1360km. The event was about to reach its climax in Guildford High Street with a final sprint up the steep cobbled hill. I decided to take the competitors passing under the 17thC clock on the Guildhall, less than 100m from the finish line. I arrived 5½ hours early to get the best location and never moved even 1 foot from my position throughout my wait. The images had to be taken at full arm’s length to get an unimpeded view. That wasn’t easy because aligning the camera in live view in portrait mode involves adjusting it in non-intuitive ways.

Here are 3 of the images taken - all at 1/2000 sec, ISO Auto with ISO 800 max with the CZ16-80mm. I was impressed by image 3 which is a crop of image 2. It demonstrates the benefit of having 25MP when one wants to highlight part of an image.

Michael

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow