Help me out Sony Forum ...

Started Sep 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
MikeInOr
Regular MemberPosts: 397Gear list
Like?
Re: Help me out Sony Forum ...
In reply to Stflbn, Sep 17, 2012

Personally I find the 18-55 kit lens that came with my A33 an awkward lens. I have been very pleased with the photos I have taken with it... but the zoom range always seems to come up short on both the wide angle and telephoto ends.

I personally would rather have sharp lenses in the 10mm - (20mm or 24mm) and 18mm - (200mm, 250mm or 270mm) range. It seems like an overlapping pair of lenses like this would make an excellent all purpose kit... at least until hitting up against flashless low light venues. But with sensor stabilization and selectable ISO's it feels like I should be able to get by with slower glass.

If I had to compromise and get just one lens I think I could make do with a lens that started at 16mm wide (Like the 16 - 80 Sony lens). With my A33 being my first digital interchangeable lens camera I reference my Maxxum days where I really loved the Sigma 24-80 that was almost always mounted on my maxxum body.

But I guess everyone's needs when it comes to lenses are different!

MikeInOr's gear list:MikeInOr's gear list
Sony SLT-A33 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony 20mm F2.8 Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow