ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter Vaktor
Contributing MemberPosts: 993
Like?
Has Leica finally "Jumped the Shark"???
Sep 17, 2012

Just my opinion, for what it's worth!

Did we really need live view and HD video recording in a classic rangefinder camera? Why not just stay with the traditional Leica M concept and improve on the M9 with a better, cleaner, faster, imager and improved firmware? The M10 should have been just that: the best and most advanced digital interchangeable lens, manual focused rangefinder in the grand tradition of the classical Leicas.

The Leica M-E on the other hand (is it only me or does anyone else thought that the E stood for "Electronic"?) could have been perfectly placed between the X2 and the "M10". That is, it could have been a full frame m-mount interchangeable lens compact X2. No built in VF but using the EVF with live view, manually focused, HD video etc.

Like that the Leica lineup would have been, the top of the line flagship traditional M, the interchangeable lens, compact, mirror-less, full-frame electronic M-E and the entry level single lens compact X2.

Too bad Leica product developers didn't ask my opinion But then again, I highly doubt that they asked anyone's opinion.

Leica X2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow