Do you spend more time researching next upgrade or actually take photos and editing ?

Started Sep 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 20,214Gear list
Like?
Mostly taking...
In reply to chopsteeks, Sep 17, 2012

When I'm ready to purchase a new camera, I spend a couple hours a day for a few days reading up, comparing specs, hunting down samples, etc., then make my decision and buy. I give reviews a small amount of weight, user comments a smaller amount of weight, message boards a very small amount of weight, feature content and tech specs a sizeable weight, ergonomics and personal handling a sizeable weight, and price a small consideration to wrap it all up.

Of my remaining time related to photography, I spend virtually all of it taking the photos, and as little time as possible processing the photos. I get my enjoyment out of taking photos, being out in nature or scenery, and capturing it. I download to the computer and spend a few hours sorting, cropping a few, and resizing to post or share, making prints, and sign off. I get very little enjoyment out of time spent in front of a computer, so given a weekend or free time, I'd rather spend it taking photos than processing or editing photos.

-- hide signature --
 zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow