Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andrew
Contributing MemberPosts: 775Gear list
Like?
GH3 wifi GPS Question
Sep 17, 2012

Much to my dismay it looks like the GH3 will not have onboard GPS but the initial reviews are saying this isn't really an issue because the camera has built in wifi so the GPS data will be available through a cell phone.

I'm not sure how this will/might work so I'll hoping someone can explain the possible process? Will pictures have to be exported to the phone so the GPS data can be imbedded? Will the camera be able to pick up the GPS data from the phone on the wifi link and simply imbed the information on the pictures exif data while in the camera (card). Or will someone have to develop an app to make any of this happen?

Very, very curious as for my purposes having the GPS data easily available with the picture data without having to do time consuming import/exports via the wifi could be an important function for me.

Thanks for your insite(s).

Andrew
--
Sony F505(retired), Sony F707(gave to son), Sony
F717(gave to wife) Sony S85(great little camera that
was stolen), Sony CD 1000 (ancient but a great lens), Sony P93
Sony H9(retired) Panasonic LX3 that became an LX5 (small
enough to go everywhere), Nikon D5000 that grew into a D7000, Sony HX1, Pany GH2

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow