Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Octane
Senior MemberPosts: 2,989
Like?
The 6D isn't less, it's more
Sep 17, 2012

I don't quite understand the negative reactions to the 6D. Canon now has a complete lineup in full frame cameras. The 1Dx the 5D III and now the 6D. They cover the high end/pro user, the enthusiast / serious amateur / semi pro & portrait photographer. And now the 6D adds a camera for those who want full frame but have a limited budget.

Each camera has features and a price according to it's target market.

The 6D is added to the line up of cameras, it gives one more choices. If it's not the camera for you, there are two other alternatives. As long as the price is similar to the D600 I think it's an equal competitor. 20 vs 24 mp is really irrelevant. The AF on the D600 is clearly better, but then the 6D comes with WiFi and GPS which I consider more valuable than for example a pop up flash.

Sure the 6D doesn't wow anyone, but I think that's expected when you place a camera at the lower end of the line up.

-- hide signature --

-------David-------

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS-1D Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
WifiNew
OopsNew
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow