Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
TOF guy
TOF guy MOD
Forum ProPosts: 11,108Gear list
Like?
Re: My POV:
In reply to Alejandro Daz del Ro Fery, Sep 17, 2012

Alejandro Daz del Ro Fery wrote:

Perhaps I'm wrong ... I think that the Nikon D800 is the best ever camera dreamed by a photographer like me.

No problem with that statement. I pretty much share the same feelings as far as my needs are concerned.

"Mine" does not suffer anything but user's errors.

So does mine. But we're just a few users. A person like Thom Hogan cannot come to conclusions from the experience of only a few users.

That's why I see that opinions like it was a global paranoia ... But I can be wrong, of course.

There has been many reports of issues, up to end of July or thereabouts. And where there is smoke there may be fire. Which led Thom to do his own investigation. I trust him to have found real and recurrent issues if he says so. After all we've seen other examples in the past of reports of QC isssues which Thom has investigated. Yet this is the first time that he comes to a conclusion that the QC problem have a frequency which is beyond the usual norm. Honestly he is a in a much better position than you or me with just our one camera to come to conclusions for the simple reason that he has the opportunity to evaluate more cameras.

TOF guy wrote:

... The D800 suffers from QC issues ...

Repeat: not mine.

Yes but I have to repeat it as well: beware of conclusions drawn from one sample.
--
Thierry

TOF guy's gear list:TOF guy's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
SansNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow