DPReview Preview of EOS 6D

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Robert Holloway
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,626Gear list
Like?
Re: If you don't cannibalize....
In reply to meland, Sep 17, 2012

I'm not in the market for a new body having purchased a 5D2 in April.

I do think that the wi-fi ipad idea will be cool for some.

The key person in this discussion is not the shooter with a closet full of glass, or the person coming from the world of point and shoot to their first DSLR, as this camera is a mile away from a $700 body

The person Canon and Nikon are after is the the APSC shooter who knows enough to realize the benefits of full frame. It is this intersection that controls the future as we all know that glass will then lock most into the system.

My guess is that to all but the pixelbators, the IQ differences will be meaningless.

What are the features that might be key?
Sadly megapixels will be part of the equation, advantage Nikon

AF performance would seem to clearly favor the Nikon on paper. I wonder if this is a big deal?
FPS again favors the Nikon but the difference is irrelevant in the real world
Low light performance - the numbers say Canon and this may be a big one

Close call!

If Canon had addressed the AF performance (on paper) they may have had a killer camera at a nice price point. Now we hand it over to the people who stare endlessly at 100% crops.

As for me. My new 5D2 is Ok, but what I love is that I spent the $1200 on a 35mm f1.4L. the 5D2 is good, the lens is other worldly, and it will be even better on the 5D4

Rob

Robert Holloway's gear list:Robert Holloway's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 30D Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow