Carl Zeiss lens for Canon

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Batzorig
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
Re: How about Nikon...
In reply to Joseph S Wisniewski, Sep 17, 2012

Thanks again for your reply. I agree with your warning that 100mm lens may be too long since there are many occasions when I need to take shots in limited space.

I searched for Nikon macro lenses on Amazon.com and found that 60 mm f2.8 Micro-Nikkor has also very good reviews. But I want to ask if the 55 mm Micro-Nikkor f3.5 or Nikon 55mm f/2.8 Micro Nikkor Lens AIS IMP have Auto focus in it. If they do have auto focus, will the Auto focus work on Canon body with the adapter on? If the autofocus doesn't work, will the focus confirmation red light show up on the lens front?

In my case, I wear glasses, so relying on my eyesight only to focus is my last option. Autofocus or at least the focus confirmation red light is a necessity.

Can you suggest me a decent brand for the adapter ring? Reading some reviews on adapters, I see that adapters also have their quality and performance. Some of them have negative reviews such as how well it fits with the lens and ease of removing and attaching.

Bat

Batzorig's gear list:Batzorig's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow