imrankhan1984
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon 105mm f/2 DC vs Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Marco
In reply to marco1974, Sep 17, 2012

@marco1974

Thank you for the comments.

@GlennW

This is interesting, VC will surely help in performance for handheld shots. Seems to me I have to hold on a bit longer to see the reviews of this new lens. Thanks.

@Guidenet

Lovely pictures and throwing 85mm in to the mix complicates things for good.. lol

The newer 85mm looks tad sharper than old one, may be its because of lights but pictures look great from both these lenses.

@Kerry Pierce

Thanks for the reply, yes the Nikon 105 DC is all about portrait work.

@Ard Jongsma

The reason price of Nikon 85mm 1.8D is a plus. Ken Rockwell praises this lens very much.

@slimandy

I am not asking for too much, but any additional functionality always comes handy (although not without compromises).

@All

So as pointed out by GlennW above a new version of Tamron 90mm with VC is on the horizon, so I will wait for its release and first reviews before making final decisions.

I have added 85mm lenses from Nikon into consideration, Ken Rockwell has good reviews about them and pictures by Guidenet have given hint as well.

imrankhan1984's gear list:imrankhan1984's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF)
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow