Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
David Hull
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,419Gear list
Like?
Re: DPReview throwing caution to the wind
In reply to bobn2, Sep 17, 2012

bobn2 wrote:

Now released, news article and preview. I'd go with Andy Westlake's conclusion

Overall, though, it's difficult to shake the feeling that the EOS 6D simply lacks the 'wow' factor of its main rival. Whereas Nikon seems to have taken the approach of taking away as little as possible from D800 when creating the D600, Canon appears almost to have gone the other way, removing as much as it thinks it can get away with at the price. The result is the kind of conservative, slightly unimaginative design that's become the company's hallmark. It's still bound to be a very good camera, of course; just perhaps not quite as good as it could be.

The thing Andy raises that hadn't struck me is the issue of EF-S lenses, of course the 6D won't take them, so upgraders from APS-C are likely to have to change lenses anyway, in which case they might as well look at the D600.
--
Bob

I look at DPR the same way I look at Stereophile or other magazines. These guys tend to pull their punches when reviewing gear they take advert money for. Taken in that context this is a pretty scathing comment – and I agree, from the looks of things, quite well deserved.

David Hull's gear list:David Hull's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow