Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eltocliousus
Regular MemberPosts: 143
Like?
Next lens to get, any suggestions?
Sep 17, 2012

I'm currently using the Canon 40D with 18-50mm Sigma 2.8-4.5 and 50mm F1.8, and they have given me great results so far, I'm wondering what lens to get next though and can't decide.

I feel I should now be investing in good, EF lenses rather than EF-S for the inevitible jump to full frame once I can fund it in the future, if I keep getting EF-S lenses, I'd probably regret it in a couple years down the line.

My photography is hobby based and very varied, mostly candids with some industrial and cityscape from time to time, I'd like to be ready for everything sort of speak, I'm not really a fan of telephotos but I've honestly never used one, but on paper I'm unsure if it's something that I'd want, I've been thinking of the Sigma 85mm 1.4 for a try at a telephoto prime (135mm equiv) for long-range candids with that creamy blur, or even upgrading from the 18-50 Sigma (which I've just got and have been really enjoying so far) and getting a 17-40 f4 Canon.

Any suggestions are appreciated, I'm really at a loss of what to get, cheers!

Canon EOS 40D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow