Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aardvark7
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,110
Like?
What is the real source of the problem?
Sep 17, 2012

One after another, we see the Sony A99, the Nikon D600 and now the Canon 6D. Each a magnificent camera capable of taking fabulous pictures and yet I can't help but notice how each forum is almost drowned in criticism of the particular model.

This makes me wonder as to what is going on!

Is it that our expectations are unreasonable and don't allow for what is possible yet remain affordable?

Are the camera manufacturers trying (yet failing!) to impress us and maximise their margins by keeping incremental additions 'in hand'in order to offer further inducement later?

Is it that the whole process of design and development is so fraught with difficulty that arriving at the best decision in all areas is simply not possible?

Are the designers simply 'too close' to the problem and slap themselves on the forehead at their own stupidity when they see the feedback?

I suspect that it is a combination of all of these and more, but it is amazing to see such vitriolic condemnation based on nothing other than specifications and completely across the board of manufacturers!

If anyone else has any observations about what is going on I'd be happy to hear what they are.
--
2012 : My new year's resolution -

To be decided...

Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow