ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Saturoldan
Regular MemberPosts: 230
Like?
5DII+24mm or 5DIII?
Sep 17, 2012

Hi all!

I am a nature photographer looking for a FF camera to add to my gear. I already have an 1DIV that I use for action pictures, but I realize that for landscapes I´m losing the UWA I had when I used to shot with my loved EOS 3 and 17-40L. The body I’m getting would be used as a backup body too.

I am asking to those of you who had the 5DII and now use the 5DIII, and 5DII owners that do landscapes.. Those are my options. I am not very convinced with the 6D, it seems like a toy body, but let´s see the reviews. Money IS an issue, as for most of us.

I am considering to get the 24L II for nightshots so 5DII with 24mm could be the chosen option, but I am wondering if 5DIII is really worth the difference, and I should save up a little more to buy the 24mm later.
So my questions are:

One of the most important thing for me is IQ. How can IQ compare between 5DII and 5DIII in the field? I see that there´s a little difference between them in the reviews.

Is there any real improvement in High ISO RAWs? I´m seeing about half stop difference in tests.

AF or FPS should not be a problem as I would shoot the 1DIV for action pictures. Obviously, the best is the better anyway.

Is there any other issue that in the real world is relevant? What about Dinamic Range?
Thanks for your answers!

-- hide signature --

...With the birds I'll Share This Lonely View...

http://www.naturalezaenpausa.com

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow