Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
j.m.young
Regular MemberPosts: 430Gear list
Like?
Re: Apple creates beautiful colors!
In reply to CAcreeks, Sep 17, 2012

CAcreeks wrote:

(the iPhone5 lens seems wider)

I think if you read through the specs carefully they state that the 5 is slightly wider. So what. I would prefer it not to be wider.

I think if you read through the forum messages (not just this thread) you will find as many people think the 4s is better as think the 5 is better.

I think if you look back through this thread and look at the hoops you jumped through to compare the two the difference is not so obvious even to you.

To refresh Your memory here it is. After reading the following it just does not seem that obvious even to you.

"Here's what I did: saved both images to my desktop, then ran a viewer to see them fit-to-monitor, and at 1:1.

Although perspective is not the same (the 5 is wider angle), colors are similarly good. The 5 has much better dynamic range, although EV is similar.

At 1:1 the 5's detail is a bit sharper. There is less noise in the sky and ocean, although this could be due to ISO 50 vs 64."

I hope when the 5 gets out in the real world the camera is a lot better...Thats the one thing that will convince me to buy the 5.

CAcreeks thanks for your input I can see you have but a lot of thought and time into comparing the two. Thanks again.

j.m.young's gear list:j.m.young's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow