D600, for me too little, too late for too much

Started Sep 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
rsjoberg
Contributing MemberPosts: 516Gear list
Like?
Re: D600, for me too little, too late for too much
In reply to ThomasH_always, Sep 17, 2012

When I saw the specs and the price my first thought was that I guess I'd be getting a D7000 or whatever iteration is available next spring. I'm still shooting with a D200, which I purchased when they first came out. The D300 came a little too quick for me and I decided to wait for a D400 — and wait, and wait, and wait.

In addition to my 70-200 I have a 12-24 and a 17-55. I considered selling both of those and biting the bullet on a D800 and the 16-35 lens, but I'm still shooting a 4x5 Tachihara, and have a Beseler 45 enlarger ready to install in the basement. To justify the expenditure on a D800 or even a D600 I would really need to give that up and invest in more storage capacity and processing power.

My conclusion is that I'll minimize expenditures on new digital cameras and concentrate on finished photographs that give me satisfaction and pleasure. I can accomplish that goal better with a $1000 D7000 for color and the silver halide prints from my 4x5 than I could with a $2000 or $3000 digital camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow