I cannot believe I am asking this.....

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
lefkop
Contributing MemberPosts: 686Gear list
Like?
Re: I cannot believe I am asking this.....
In reply to jameas, Sep 17, 2012

The x100 also has the wide angle adaptor, I have it and it's great piece of glass. If you need wider the conversion lens gives you that ability. Since you are going with the family and photos of them are going to be important in addition to speed, have you considered a compact with some zoom range such as the fuji x10, Panasonic lx3 or 5, or Sony rx100. I tend to carry my two fuji's with me when I know a little more zoom is needed. Otherwise the x100 does the job most of the time for me.

The suggestion of the 5n also works if you want to only use a larger sensor camera, or you try an Olympus epm1 which is very small and has better jpeg engine than the Sony ( I have the 5n and Olympus cameras and that's my subjective opinion). You can get Olympus cameras very inexpensively and they do have very good image quality.

You can think of your experience this way, the x100 is a great street shooter and it will capture a lot of your normal day (especially with the adaptor). When a more unique situation arises it requires a different tool. For compactness and ease of shooting I ultimately would take my x10 and x100 over the other cameras I have. The image quality of both cameras are fantastic.

Slugging lots of gear around and messing with lenses slows you down and is no fun especially when it gets way of you and your family.

Enjoy your vacation,

Paul

jameas wrote:

Some interesting x100 vs 5DII responses - it would appear to be somewhat emotive!

I will reply to some of the points made tomorrow (somewhat late now here in the UK)

Keep them coming! This is the equivalent of gear rehab.........

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I get the urge to use Flickr....
James T Eastwood

lefkop's gear list:lefkop's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
X100New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow