JacquesBalthazar
Regular MemberPosts: 462Gear list
Like?
Re: OVF vs EVF put to rest
In reply to Piginho, Sep 17, 2012

Piginho wrote:

JacquesBalthazar wrote:

Draek wrote:

My eyes have a much deeper DOF than a 85/1.4 wide open, you know.

Cannot disagree with that.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here

not very important, but my personal point was that I much prefer OVFs at this moment in time. I would not be surprised to state a different view in 2 years time, when EVFs will have progressed further on resolution, quality of signal amplification in low light and useability in contrasty/sunny situations.

But I have to concede to Draek that in terms of having full view of the "real" scene, the SLR "mirror trick" comes with its own gremlins. A view through a 85mm f1.4 will not show the real scene. irt will show a thin slice of it. And using DoF preview comes with another set of gremlins including quickly darkening OVF and difficulty to assess what is in focus on contemporary DLRS screens.

In theory EVF does not carry such gremlins. Saying that SLR prism gives a direct view of real reality is not really true. But I still vote OVF myself.

JacquesBalthazar's gear list:JacquesBalthazar's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/50 Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow