7D and 10-22 versus 5D3 and 16-35II for small prints

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gordon Leitch
Senior MemberPosts: 1,448Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D and 10-22 versus 5D3 and 16-35II for small prints
In reply to photonius, Sep 17, 2012

Thanks for the advice. I do use a 15mm FE for shooting extreme tight places and a Gary Fong bounced for light from time to time. The reason we still use prints is that the juries actually prefer to hold something in their hands. Also, it is nice to know they are still awake. We also project images from the prints and I always supply the images on CDs as well for the lawyers to look at in their offices and email each other about what is not going to be allowed, etc. Many cases are settled before trial based on my photographic evidence. That saves us all time and I get to submit my humble invoice quicker ... and then wait a couple or a few months to be paid. On one death penalty case I waited more than six months. But then I had enough cash to buy my 200mm 2.0 L IS and my 5D2 which I use for brief surveillances from time to time including shooting police officers committing crimes in uniform. (I am a former police officer in three jurisdictions - one where I live now and two in Florida when I was young and good looking.

Thanks again to all, (I will wait 30 days and then get the best crop body available ... 7D or replacement.)
-Gordon-

-- hide signature --

'Who loves yah, Baby?'
... Lt. Theo Kojak, Manhattan South

Gordon Leitch's gear list:Gordon Leitch's gear list
Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow