ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
falstaff2
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
Canon 6D vs Nikon D600 (for travel use)
Sep 17, 2012

Hi,

I plan to buy the camera, but I'm a bit unsure if its a good idea since many of you see so many negative points...

I like shooting landscapes, timelaps and stars and I travel fairly often with my camera.

Currently, I'm a Nikon D90 User, bought the GPS GP-1 and have 3 lenses. After 4 years, my remote shutter plug is broken (repair would be about 300$), my GPS is broken (the guidance rail for the hot shoe are broken).

One reason I plan to buy Canon is because one can do exposore ramps (with Nikon you can't do that, because theire minimal step width is 1/3 stops, which leads to flickr, at least with my D90). Beside that, I (still) think Canon is more inovative when it is about new features and new lenses (e.g. they try DO lenses).

The advantage of Nikon would be that I can reuse my lenses...

The advantage of the 6D would be the built-in GPS, since I plan to buy one anyway. I don't have to buy one extra (price advantage) and also don't have to care about it, since it's built-in). The camera is a bit lighter.

The advantage of the D600 would be the better overall specs and the built-in Flash, but most of my shootings don't need a flash, so it's a minor advantage.

So I'm in between, what would you recommend...? I'm prepared to switch, since my lenses are fairly cheep (except of one). I plan to buy faster lenses anyway. But once I bought some expensive, fast lenses, it will be hard to switch... So for me, in point of switch, it's a "now or never"!

Regards,
Stefan

Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow