Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
boggis the cat
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,284Gear list
Like?
Re: How I learnt to stop worrying and love the bomb
In reply to René Schuster, Sep 17, 2012

René Schuster wrote:

boggis the cat wrote:

Well, apart from the Six Day War, the War of Attrition, and the Yom Kippur War. And the Intifadas, the multiple wars with Lebanon, and the Gaza War. (Ignore "internal" terrorism, since that can happen to anyone.)

That history of essentially unending conflict aside, though, having nukes is working out really well. Except that every neighbouring country is also pressured to have some too, for security reasons.

Don't misunderstand me, I'd rather see a world without ANY nukes than everybody having them!

Sure. But, as to "putting the nuclear genie back in the bottle"; that is no easy task. Probably beyond our capacity, frankly, until such time as we no longer have nation states.

" Nuclear weapons offer us nothing but a balance of terror, and a balance of terror is still terror. " -- George Wald.

(Appropriate quote for the "War on Terror", no? I have a suggestion about removing a sh*t-load of terror...)

boggis the cat's gear list:boggis the cat's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow