ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JPG
JPG
Senior MemberPosts: 1,203
Like?
NEX-7 vs. Contax T2
Sep 17, 2012

I just bought a used Contax T2 p/s film camera in perfect new condition with a nice little swade leather bag yesterday and gave it a workout against my NEX-7. First of all size comparisons: The width of the T2 is the same as the NEX-7, the depth of the body T2 is narrower then the NEX because because it does not have a handgrip/battery hump and it has no lens protrusions which makes it far more compact. The heighth of the bodies are the same. The T2 has a very clear optical viewfinder with all the information needed with LED numbers. The NEX has only a EVF which is inferior to optical viewfinders. The sensor size of the T2 is larger, a full frame 35mm., the same as the RX-1. The body of the T2 is made with rich titanium, and the lens is an envied Carl Zeiss 35mm. f/2.8 Sommar T as opposed to the f/3.5 of the Sony kit. The Contax T2 cast me $800 less then the NEX-7 and it costs me $2,400 less then the new Sony RX-1 which has the same size sensor but no viewfinder, optical or EVF, -zilch!

So, how did the images compare, you ask??? I was stymied! In autofocus mode the NEX-7 had a few out of focus shots while the T2 had none. The colors of the NEX-7 were a whole lot richer but that doesn't count, I forgot to take if off 'vivid mode' and it should have been on 'standard'. So, the T2 was less vivid and more natural. With it's Carl Zeiss lens, the T2 was sharper!!!!

If you think I'm one of those things that lives under bridges, well, maybe I am, but I really fell in love with this little beasty of by gone years.

Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow