No Touchscreen on NEX 6 ...

Started Sep 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,322Gear list
Like?
Re: No Touchscreen on NEX 6 ...
In reply to Senaca, Sep 17, 2012

Senaca wrote:

If you prefer touchscreen over EVF, get 5R. If you prefer EVF over touchscreen, get 6. That's really the biggest difference, so let's all just be happy that Sony is giving us lots of options to enjoy our NEX systems!

I prefer touch screen but I've outgrown the limited external controls on my 5N. There is not a touch screen NEX that has the external controls of the 6, let alone the 7 (though Canon has now added touch screen to their EOS Rebel T4i so they're starting to embrace touch on DSLRs). But I am resolved to give up the touch screen since I now want more controls, but I'd prefer the 7 far ahead of paying that much for the 6. I would have bought the 7 first if it had the touch screen (that's why I selected the 5N in the first place). If the successor to the 7 was coming out this fall then I'd wait. I think I'll be buying the Nikon D600 instead. I am still intrigued with the RX1, though. And, there's an outside chance I just keep my 5N and wait things out. I am pretty lost right now. But the lower price of the 5N body means that I'll probably keep my 5N regardless of what else I do, so there's that.

-- hide signature --
 sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow