David Bailey shoots m43

Started Sep 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rocky ID Olympian
Contributing MemberPosts: 537Gear list
Like?
Re: David Bailey shoots m43
In reply to Kuppenbender, Sep 17, 2012

I like his words: "Its about using the people, make them give you something", and one of the most important thing to do is to talk to the people we shoot.

Kuppenbender wrote:

pinnacle wrote:

If he (David Bailey) did indeed make the comment "never used a zoom in his life." (a comment which I would highly doubt he would make), then it goes to show that even respected journalist can hold foolish biases. Those beliefs went the way of the do-do bird as improvments optical technology proved zooms could compete just fine with fixed focal length lenses. But...as I said, I highly doubt a respected photographer would make such a foolish statement.
Dan

An old interview (2010) sheds a little more light on Mr Bailey's views on equipment.

http://www.professionalphotographer.co.uk/Magazine/Latest-Issue/Exclusive-Interview-with-David-Bailey

Photographers are getting excited about the lenses they can use on these DSLRs for film.

That’s all b#ll#cks. If you’ve got a good zoom, you’ve got all the lenses anyway! It’s true, I only use two lenses: on 35mm I use a 50 or 35, or if I could, a 40, but the only one of those I’ve got is an old Nikon lens; on 120 I just use the normal or something a bit longer.
Cameras have never been a big part of it for you.

No, no, I have favourite cameras: the twin lens Rollei 2.8, the Olympus OM1 and the Leica M7. Those are cameras I like to use, but at the end of the day, it doesn’t make any difference. We just did a big thing for Nokia on their phones and the pictures were good.

Looks like he's found his 40mm (equivalent).

Rocky ID Olympian's gear list:Rocky ID Olympian's gear list
Olympus E-300 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow