OVF vs EVF put to rest

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
Forum ProPosts: 10,273Gear list
Like?
Re: And In Fact....
In reply to Ray Maines, Sep 17, 2012

Ray Maines wrote:

And in fact the beauty of the EVF is that it specifically doesn't give you the "absolute luminance" of a scene. Those with OVF's will go on for years taking blue tint pictures because they forgot to reset their WB, or wondering whether to wick the exposure comp. up/down, or guessing what effect one of the Scene Modes might have, but those days are gone for Sony users.

The current generation of EVF needs to be improved of course, but I'm so done with absolute luminance.

Well it behoves the photographer to know his equipment and the settings he has set on his camera.

Personally I will pass on an EVF in my main workhorse camera, and SLT mirrors too. Which is why I have left Sony and gone back to Nikon.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'

• Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7i Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n +39 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow