OVF vs EVF put to rest

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Grevture
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,944Gear list
Like?
This debate sometimes get a bit odd :)
In reply to Karl Scharf, Sep 17, 2012

Karl Scharf wrote:

The advantages of EVF over OVF are much greater than most people realize. I wonder if Sony has a patent on EVF, if so, that could explain why Nikon and Canon have not embraced it.

EVF:s have been around long before they showed up in Sony SLT/Nex cameras Video cameras have been using them for many years. And as for using EVF:s with still image cameras, all brands except Canon has at least one model with a EVF (yes, even Nikon).

I will certainly not go back to OVF!

What fascinate me about this discussion is how black and white it has turned. there seem to be no middle ground allowed ...

EVF:s have some advantages and disadvantages, OVF:s have other advantages and disadvantages. There are situations where either is superior to the other. I like the fact that there are both kinds of cameras on the market and cannot really understand this attitude of "I like it so everybody who doesn't must be stupid" which I see from both sides of this (seemingly endless) debate.

-- hide signature --

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it!

By the way, film is not dead.
It just smell funny

Grevture's gear list:Grevture's gear list
Nikon D70s Nikon D3 Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow