I cannot believe I am asking this.....

Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
JSTB
Regular MemberPosts: 262
Like?
Re: X100
In reply to liquid stereo, Sep 17, 2012

Exactly what he said. Why ruin your vacation with your family lugging around a bunch of photo gear.

If I was going I would either take the X100 or the X Pro 35/18 combo. Or maybe the X100 and X Pro + 35. But just the X100 would be fine.

Have a great time!!! Beautiful city.

liquid stereo wrote:
I've been to Venice twice and both times I took my 17-35.
If I had the X100 I would take that.

Don't be a photo/gear nerd and ruin your vacation carrying all that crap.

jameas wrote:

I always cringe when I see members post questions like "what lens should I take to wherever I'm going.....". I cannot help thinking that surely (if the individual has a number of lenses to choose from) they would have a good idea what they should take given their traveling conditions - a decision that must be taken every time they leave the house/caravan/motorhome/house boat etc..

I cannot believe that any city/town/place would command "such and such lens" in order to reach the photographic nirvana to be so desired.

So here is my dilemma. We (i.e. the family - Mr and Mrs E and girl,15 and boy, 11) are off to Venice for five days in late October. Should I (as I would usually do) take my 5DII and (lens selection made on the basis on low payload) the 24-105 (general use) and Sigma 50mm 1.4 (evening, low light - and lighter lens) - I can feel myself running away with my self here - or...........

Just take the X100.

And just for maximum creativity, (just one) speedlite (430EXII over the 580EXII), ND2-400 filter, Yongnuo RF-600TX/RF-602RX wireless transmitter/receiver and a light tripod.

I know. I can hear you all say it. 35mm lens.

"It will make you a better photographer" versus "but you will need to zoom and change lenses"

Frankly, I think I an looking forward to some freedom. And becoming a better photographer.....

Be kind.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
X100New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow